The results of the Grant Call for CSO'sAug 17, 2020
People in Need announces the results of the CSO selection process within the EU funded project “Civil society actors as drivers of change in South Caucasus and Moldova”
The project, which aims to increase the capacity, accountability and effectiveness of civil society organizations and initiatives to act as drivers of change, to influence policies and to be actively involved in civic activism, started in January 2020.
Applicants were evaluated on the following criteria:
- Primary motivation.
- Commitment to values of peace, democracy and human rights.
- Understanding of thematic area and of local social context.
- Examples of previous civic or community actions.
- Interest in mobilizing others to achieve concrete changes and results. Ability to assess own areas of weakness and motivation to improve and to develop their capacities.
- Readiness to commit significant time and energy to the development of initiative/organization/campaign over the next 12 months.
A large number of applications were received for the call for participation. 56 CSOs/civic initiatives expressed their interest, while the Project Selection Committee elected to support the 8 most relevant applications.
Selected initiative groups/organizations:
- Z.axis - Tbilisi - Data Visualization; and research in the Social Sciences.
- Aitsona-Daitsona - Tbilisi and regions - Non-formal education through art.
- Pankisi Community Organization - Pankisi, Kakheti, - Citizen engagement, problem advocacy.
- Young Feminists - Gori, Shida Kartli - Protection of women's and girls' rights; empowering young girls; promoting gender equality, feminist values and women's rights; combating gender stereotypes; influencing the local government work plan to reflect the needs of women and girls.
- Platform Salam - Marneuli, Kvemo Kartli - Protection of the rights of ethnic minorities; community mobilization and empowerment;
- Towards New Opportunities - Kartikami, Samtskhe-Javakheti - Pomoting women's empowerment, tolerance and diversity; campaigning against early marriage.
- Creative Society - Gurjaani, Kakheti - Youth, education and culture, sports, ecology, charity and advocacy for community problems.
- Zemo Svaneti Local Action Group - Mestia, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti - Community mobilization, cooperation and capacity building; introduction of social services at the municipal level.
The selected initiatives and organizations seek to protect and advocate for the rights of ethnic minorities to participate in policy changes for the introduction of social services at the municipal and regional level, to involve young people or citizens in general in decision-making and strengthen local communities, to empower women and protect children’s rights, to promote non-formal education and access to information, and to raise awareness of social issues through data analysis and visualization.